I developed a smart client for a customer a while back. It's linked off of their website and has worked fine for quite some time. I haven't worked with it for awhile, but this morning I had someone ask me a question about it so I went to fire it off to take a look and now IE is bringing up the standard download dialog. It is happening on both of my development machines. Program still runs fine in development. I will test on a few other machines, although it appears that it may be working fine for other people.
My initial thoughts is perhaps since I installed VS2005 on these machines that since the smart client was developed under 1.1 that perhaps the 2.0 framework is causing my some grief.